The Community Development Team provides the community with information, advice and support, networking, facilitation, advocacy, capacity building, and events facilitation and management.
Community development activities include:
- youth development, particularly through the Youth Council
- administration services for a number of community agencies including the Central and South Taranaki Safe Trust and the Positive Ageing Group
- organising of community and civic functions
- administration of community grants.
Team functions include: Civic Functions including Citizenship Ceremonies, Citizens’ Awards, Industry Training Ceremony, Community Directory, Funding and Grants, Stratford Business Association, Central and South Safe Community Trust, Youth Council, and Positive Ageing.
The Wheelhouse is a single point of contact for Taranaki trusts, clubs, societies and groups.
Check out http://www.wheelhouse.org.nz/ for funding support, training, information, and resources for all types of community groups.
Taranaki has long been a place of social innovation and change, with a strong history of community action.
Building on this legacy, a conversation was started about how our community can be more supported. A community incubator was born, seeking to develop and brew new ideas to take them to completion. Organisations were invited to this conversation and haven't looked back.
The Wheelhouse is a product of this innovation conversation.
- Last Updated: Friday, 01 August 2014 16:01
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
The email has been sent.