Funding & Grants
Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund
Sport New Zealand has provided some funding to assist with the cost of travelling to sports competitions. This fund is open to sports clubs and school teams with young people aged between 5-19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
The amount of funding available is $9,500
There are two funding rounds per year, in March and November.
Activities that may be funded
Funding is available for people aged 5-19 in:
- a school club team participating in local sport competition in weekends, that excludes inter-school and intra-school competitions played during school time and/or;
- a sports club team participating in organised sport competition through club membership outside of school time
Activities that will not be funded
Funding will not be provided for:
- Sports teams with members over the age of 19 years
- For the use of travel to regional or national events
- For the use of inter-school and intra-school competitions played during school time
Applications for funding
Applications for funding round 1 are now open and will close on Firday 10 November, 4.30pm.
For further information, contact the Administration Officer, Liesl Davidson (06) 765 6099.
- Last Updated: Monday, 09 October 2017 02:47
24 HOUR PHONE:
(06) 765 6099
Your Favourites are empty
Start adding to your favourites by clicking the '+' button on any item, adding it to ‘Favourites’.