Stratford Aerodrome is a general aviation aerodrome located 4kms northeast of the Stratford township on Flint Road.
It occupies 17 hectares and is enclosed in a 130 hectare dairy farm, all owned by Council.
Stratford Aerodrome has:
- two grass runways
- ground controlled main runway lighting
- refuelling facilities available on site (Avgas).
Stratford Aero Club
The Stratford Aero Club building, constructed in 1939, includes kitchen and bathroom facilities, several operational rooms and a spacious general clubroom. Three hangars house the club’s aircraft. All facilities are owned and maintained by members.
Taranaki Gliding Club
The Taranaki Gliding Club hangar fronts the cross runway enabling direct access to both runways. It is the largest hangar at the aerodrome and is owned and maintained by the Gliding Club.
There are five other privately owned hangars at the Aerodrome - four for private recreational aircraft and one for a commercial operator.
Two fertiliser companies operate from Stratford Aerodrome - Ravensdown Aerowork and Super Air.
For further information, contact Stratford District Council, (06) 765 6099.
- Last Updated: Sunday, 23 July 2017 20:18