Aerodrome

Add to favourites

Stratford Aerodrome is a general aviation aerodrome located 4kms northeast of the Stratford township on Flint Road.

It occupies 17 hectares and is enclosed in a 130 hectare dairy farm, all owned by Council.

Stratford Aerodrome has:

  • two grass runways
  • ground controlled main runway lighting
  • refuelling facilities available on site (Avgas).

 aerodrome7

Stratford Aero Club

The Stratford Aero Club building, constructed in 1939, includes kitchen and bathroom facilities, several operational rooms and a spacious general clubroom. Three  hangars house the club’s aircraft. All facilities are owned and maintained by members.

Taranaki Gliding Club

The Taranaki Gliding Club hangar fronts the cross runway enabling direct access to both runways. It is the largest hangar at the aerodrome and is owned and maintained by the Gliding Club.

Hangars

There are five other privately owned hangars at the Aerodrome - four for private recreational aircraft and one for a commercial operator.

Commercial Operators

Two fertiliser companies operate from Stratford Aerodrome - Ravensdown Aerowork and Super Air.

Further Information

For further information, contact Stratford District Council, (06) 765 6099.

Useful Links

Fees and Charges

Stratford Aerodrome Management Plan

Stratford Aerodrome Stratgeic Development Plan

Stratford Aerodrome blog